Calcul de la distance
Calcul de la distance
La distance est d’environ (à vol d’oiseau) par rapport à votre domicile.Fermer le calculateur
Logistics Service Manager
Next to own Distribution Centers (DC’s) Action uses external parties, as Logistics Service Providers (LSP), to staff ‘outsourced’ DC’s. Within an outsourced DC a small team of Action employees works to monitor and optimise the logistical processes with the LSP. One of the roles is the Logistics Service Manager which reports to the Supply Chain Manager and steers a team consisting of a Process Control Specialist, Operational Support Employee and Quality Control Officer.
Purpose of the job
The Logistics Service Manager monitors the Logistic Service Provider (LSP) and supports the incorporation of the Action way of working and processes in order to optimize the performance of the DC and to ensure contractual commitments, and spirit of the contract with the LSP in the outsourced DC. Monitors efficient and standardized operations in the DC by the LSP, thus ensuring delivery on time to stores as agreed in SLA (if available) and delivering inter-DCs for the best quality, service and cost.
Areas of responsibility
Contract and Relation Management
- Ensures that key performance indicators agreed with the LSP are met;
- Ensures that LSP delivers their services according to the Action way of working;
- Monitors and drives the LSP to deliver efficient warehousing, and LSP/TSP to deliver transport operations - delivering on time to stores and inter DCs as agreed upon in the SLA;
- Ensures that Action is fulfilling its part of the contract to support the execution of the LSP;
- Manages the relationship and effective way of working between the LSP and the internal Action organisation;
- Manages a solid communication structure with LSP/TSP and Action HQ.
Operational Management DC
- Monitors, evaluates and reports on budget of the DC and other financial parameters;
- Approves monthly invoicing in line with contractual agreement and assesses, approves and challenges extra cost or investment as appropriate;
- Ensures timely and effective communication to the stores, and to HQ on required SC info;
- Ensures Action property and equipment is in full working order and managed appropriately;
- Manage the local network of partners for on-site services such as material handling equipment and waste management;
- Efficient escalation of issues to regional organization and effective follow up on mitigation actions.
- Monitors and delivers business process improvements and procedures for logistic operations in line with process improvements of all distribution centers’ process improvements;
- Issues priorities and adjust planning in case of incidents. If necessary escalates these to the SC manager;
- Ensures sufficient and capable resources (own department as well as other disciplines) to realize the projects in the most effective manner;
- Deploy new processes and changes in accordance to Action.
- Clearly steers a team (consisting of a Process Control Specialist, Operational Support Employee and Quality Control Officer);
- Takes the lead, gives clear working instructions, plans employees and activities in such a manner that targets are successfully met;
- Is actively involved in developing employee skills by providing constructive feedback, instructions, explanation and coaching;
- Stimulates employees to join in on the thought-process to actively contribute to the development of new ideas and to learn from his/her own experiences and those of others;
- Hiring manager for his/her team members;
- Implement succession planning.
- Educational level at Bachelor’s degree in combination with at least 8 years of relevant working experience and 3 years of management experience;
- Experience in the retail branch and an international environment is preferable;
- Excellent French language skills and business level English;
- Actively involved in the international organisation;
- Is willing to travel to different work locations depending on requirements;
- Excellent Excel skills;
- Operational experience in logistics/distribution.
- Makes proposals for efficient and effective working methods with the least possible complexity and implements these;
- Demonstrates a high level of pragmatism;
- Is very organised, is able to structure activities and projects, sticks to agreements within deadlines and according to guidelines;
- Works efficiently and effectively, also when under time pressure;
- Works effectively with others to achieve common targets;
- Has excellent influencing skills to effectively manage the team and the relationship with the LSP.
What we offer you
- Market-based salary;
- A company laptop and mobile phone;
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise;
- Extensive education and training.
Curious what’s next?
Dianne van den Dijssel, Recruiter Supply Chain, will review your application and will get back to you asap. When you are selected you will be invited for a first job interview. When we are both enthusiastic we will invite you for the second interview. In that second interview we’d like to get to know you even better. Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!
Notice: We only consider applications made in English during our recruitment process.