Calcul de la distance
Calcul de la distance
La distance est d’environ (à vol d’oiseau) par rapport à votre domicile.Fermer le calculateur
Purpose of the job
Today, Action operates around 500 stores in France, serviced mainly from our four existing DC’s in Moissy (Paris area) and Labastide (Toulouse area) and Belleville (Lyon area). We have recently opened our fourth DC in Verierres to support our growth in France.
To manage the new transport contracts, but also the existing transport contracts for Moissy, Labastide and Belleville and to further develop store distribution in France, Action would like to hire a regional transport manager. In this role, the regional transport manager will work closely together with the Transport Service Providers in France (TSP’s), the central transport team in the Netherlands, store operations in France and the local management of the French DC’s. Responsibilities are outlined below.
Areas of responsibility
- Define and develop the local transport management functions and team. Future vision on transport planning, invoicing (self-billing), etc.
- Define and develop contracts/working procedures with the TSP’s in alignment with Central Planning and Dispatching
Tactical / Operational:
- Secure transport capacity and scalability with the TSP’s based on weekly forecast/capacity meetings with the TSP’s
- Regional network optimization: optimize delivery schedules by balancing service requirements from the stores, capacity requirements from the DC’s and utilization of trucks
- Contract management: monitoring TSP performance and initiating corrective actions in collaboration with the TSP’s and DC operation
- Solve operational bottle necks (e.g. capacity constraints, flexibility, public holiday delivery schedules, contractual issues)
- The candidate should have a solid background in retail distribution in the French market;
- Knowledge of the local transport market;
- Knowledge of warehouse operations;
- At least 10 years of experience in working with transport partners;
- The candidate should have an operational background (e.g. logistics manager or transport manager), but should also be able to set out a future strategy.
- Candidates should be French native speaking and fluent in English
- Make proposals for efficient and effective working methods with the least possible complexity and implements these
- Demonstrates a high level of pragmatism
- Is very organised, is able to structure activities and projects, sticks to agreements within deadlines and according to guidelines
- Works efficiently and effectively, also when under time pressure
- Works effectively with others to achieve common targets
What we offer
- Market-based salary
- A company laptop and mobile phone
- A company car
- Annual bonus
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
Christina Asimakopoulou, Recruiter Supply Chain, will review your application and will get back to you asap. When you are selected you will be invited for a first job interview. When we are both enthusiastic we will invite you for the second interview. In that second interview we’d like to get to know you even better. In order to do so we will ask you to take an online assessment. Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!
At Action we think integrity is of the utmost importance. A pre-employment screening is therefore part of the application process for this vacancy. Contact your Recruiter for more details.